Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf by Christine Warren

Sep 27, 2009

bookshelves: 2009-reads

I liked "Big Bad Wolf" by Christine Warren. It wasn't until I got home and began the story that I realized this was an expanded version of "Fur Factor" which was originally published as an ebook by Ellora's Cave in 2003. I enjoyed the original and I was pleased to read the expanded version which is actually the second of the 'Fantasy Fix' miniseries.

Missy is the 'good' girl. She's a kindergarden teacher who likes children and dreams of the whole 'white picket fence' future. She's also about ready to give up since she's the 'good friend' type rather than the 'girlfriend' type. Of course that doesn't mean she can't still fantasize and one uber-sexy werewolf Graham is the current star of her nightly fantasies...even if he doesn't know she's alive. Until one night...

Graham has plenty of women...he's actually bored with it. And he has enough to occupy his attention with his wimpy cousin trying to take over his pack so going without isn't such a big deal. Then he lays eyes...and nose...on HER. Now his mind is made up...he just needs to--convince Missy she's his mate, defeat his cousin's shenanigans, convince the pack to accept Missy, and...oh yeah, tell Missy she's pregnant after only one night!

Hot and hilarious. Warren does a great job of portraying not only the poor Alpha who has to try and explain what' just instinct for him, AND poor Missy who's more used to cleaning up Play-Doh than blood. A fun couple that'll leave you fanning yourself!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Bad Wolf.

Started Reading
September 26, 2009 – Finished Reading
September 27, 2009 – Shelved
September 27, 2009 – Shelved as: 2009-reads

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Julie

Julie (jjmachshev) tks a bunch

message 3: by Ragus (new) - added it

Ragus Nice review Julie! I like the storyline. I've never read Warren. Does she write light, ala J.Cruise, S.Phillips, and others?

Thanks, R.

Julie (jjmachshev) These were actually originally pub'd by EC and she's one of the few I think does funny plus light erotica VERY well! So the plots will be a bit darker than Crusie, Phillips, etc...but then they're a bit hotter as well and I think it all evens out!! She writes a paranormal mainstream series (The Others) and this is another one that she revised and expanded to include. That help?

message 5: by Ragus (new) - added it

Ragus That helps quite a bit, Julie. I didn't realize she was an EC class member :)) I think I'll add this to my TBR and check her out.

Thanks, R.

MelissaB I really liked Furr Factor so I am a little hesitant to see how she changed the story. I am sure the scene where the guy walked in on them in the act was probably removed.

Great review JJ!

Julie (jjmachshev) Nope Melissab...it's still there!!