Travis's Reviews > Destination Moon

Destination Moon by Hergé

M 50x66
Sep 27, 2009

bookshelves: sf-fantasy, classics

The first part of Herge's two part 'Trip to the moon' story focuses on the preperation for the trip and our heroes dealing with spies who want to learn the rockets secrets and sabotage Tintin's team.

One of the best of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destination Moon.

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Lol I love Thompson and Thomson.

...to be precise...

Travis If you want a good Thompson and Thomson story read 'Land of Black gold'

They and Professor Calculus are my favorite characters.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Oh, that was the one where they turn different colours, right? I laughed so hard at that.

I've read almost every single one, owing to the fact that we stayed in somebody's house once and all they had were Tintin comics. And a couple of the later Asterix ones, which aren't as good as the earlies.

Travis Love Asterix, but have only read a couple as they are harder to find around here than Tintin.

There was a good Asterix cartoon and supposedly there's a french live action Asterix movie that I would love to track down and see.

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz A friend and I saw part of it. I can't remember what I thought about it, except that it was weird.

But you're in the US aren't you? Can't you get anything over there?

You must make more of an effort. Asterix is BRILLIANT! The translator (same translator for the whole series, I think) even adapted the jokes and added new ones in where she could, which made it even more awesome.

(except decent comedy--yes, I said it)

Travis Let's not turn this into an ugly international incident.

message 7: by Liz (last edited Oct 22, 2009 02:26AM) (new)

Liz Lol, I don't really think that. I just picked up on the general vibe.