Amelia Elizabeth's Reviews > Sometimes in Dreams

Sometimes in Dreams by G. Lloyd Helm

liked it

There were a lot of things I didn't like about this book. I didn't like Daniel, I didn't like Amanda, and I didn't like Kit. I didn't like the instant, all consuming love of Daniel and Kit. I didn't like that Amanda sticks with Daniel.

Normally, this would make me put a book down and give it up for a loss. As a reader, I want to connect with at least one character, otherwise I don't feel a connection to the story and I don't care enough to keep reading to see what happens to the characters.

That didn't happen with this novel, even though I didn't like these three characters, I needed to know how this story would play out. I wanted to know how Kit died. I wanted an answer for why Amanda stuck with Daniel. I wanted to know what was going on with Daniel in the present, not that I really cared.

I got my answer about Kit. I know why Amanda stuck with Daniel. I know how Daniel fares. I'm happy I finished reading. I liked the back and forth nature of the story. It felt as if the reader was on the journey with Daniel, through his struggles with dealing with Kit's death.

I say if the synopsis intrigues you as it did me, to give the story a chance. Sometimes the journey is worth taking.

(Originally Posted at Little Thoughts About Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sometimes in Dreams.

September 23, 2013 – Started Reading