Adrianna's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Sep 23, 2013

bookshelves: in-2013

I was soo excited to read this book. I hadn't read any of the reviews before reading, and I wasn't sure what to expect. And this book just blew my mind. I was captivated from the first sentence. The way the writing described the circus, the tents, the people was so eerie, magical, captivating, amazing. I loved it!

I saw it as a twist to the Romeo and Juliet story, two people from sides, fight to keep the circus and each other alive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

Quotes Adrianna Liked

Erin Morgenstern
“The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not.”

Erin Morgenstern
“Life takes us to unexpected places sometimes. The future is never set in stone, remember that.”

Erin Morgenstern
“I am tired of trying to hold things together that cannot be held. Trying to control what cannot be controlled. I am tired of denying myself what I want for fear of breaking things I cannot fix. They will break no matter what we do.”

September 23, 2013 – Started Reading
September 23, 2013 – Shelved
September 24, 2013 –
page 125
September 25, 2013 –
page 205
51.25% "I'm so captivated by everything in this book. It's so strange and magical. Can there be a circus like this in real life, please?"
September 26, 2013 – Finished Reading