Kalliste's Reviews > Along for the Ride

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

1950900

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended for: Dessen Fans

How very trademark Dessen. Everytime I crack open one of her books I know it is going to be the same as all the rest and yet I still buy and borrow them and love them all the same. Along for the Ride was no different although I kind of wished someone would punch Auden's Dad in the face. Or stab him in the eye with a fork at the very least.

Along For the Ride is the story of Auden's summer with her Dad, Stepmum and new half-sister. Auden thinks she will regret going but ends up learning about herself and the life she has missed up until that point.

The strangest thought I get from this book is the cover. I don't picture Eli or Auden looking like either of those headless people... Eli just doesn't seem like the jeans wearing type.

That aside, I was kind of hoping for something a bit less formulaic with this book but I suppose, once you're onto a good thing why not stick with it, right? Worked for Dan Brown.

Fortunately, Dessen's Formula is a guilty pleasure for me so I continue to follow her works but don't expect anything new. It is the standard girl has shake-up in her life, goes somewhere new and meets a new but 'not her type' boy and friends. Girl then learns that maybe they're exactly her type.

And if that is a spoiler, than you're not paying enough attention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along for the Ride.

September 26, 2009 – Shelved