Sharon Lee's Reviews > The Witches of Karres

The Witches of Karres by James H. Schmitz

Sep 26, 2009

My copy is a hardcover published by Chilton Books of Philadelphia, copyright 1966 by James H. Schmitz, second printing, February 1967. Cover price $4.95 It does bears no discernible ISBN number.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witches of Karres.

message 1: by Red (new)

Red Sharon does your cover look like this? or this? Surprisingly with 9 different covers in the GR database there are still more out there. I guess with a book that old it can be reprinted many, many times. Personally, I despise not having cover art for my books.

Sharon Lee The cover on my copy is the three little girls in their Easter coats and knee-highs, which is just...wrong.

Thank you for finding the art! I just assumed, what with no ISBN, that it would be yet another Impossible Task to even look...

message 3: by Red (new)

Red Do a Google search and click on images and wham, bam, thank you ancient book covers.

There is now a new edition in GR with your info & cover image. So if you click on the book on your shelf and on the right side of the page you will see "other editions" click on the correct picture, then on the new page, there will be a beige bar under the description, where it says "my review" it will say "switch to this edition". Click on that and you are good to go.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina Red in another life I know you were a librarian. :-) You are always so helpful and practical! :-) Those two covers tell entirely different stories; now I am very curious to read this book, just to see why the artists chose such differing ideas to illustrate. Fascinating. (and if you ever want to see really really ugly old book covers, check out the blog http://awfullibrarybooks.wordpress.com/ )