Samantha's Reviews > Minutes Before Sunset

Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A. Thompson

bookshelves: arcs-giveaways, to-read

I got this book in exchange for an honest review and who doesn't love free books? What makes it better is when the book actually turns out to be simply wonderful! Minutes Before Sunset was not like your everyday paranormal story. It was different and so refreshing to read.

I will be honest, it was slow getting into it however that could have been due to just being tired, the book hangover I was suffering from another book, I mean seriously it could have been just me but once things started moving I didn't want to put it down.

We have Shoman/Eric who is a Shade. Now I have not read many stories of Shades but I have to say this is my favorite so far. Eric is one of the highest ranking Shades, a First Descendant. Thanks to past events he just doesn't care about anything. But who could blame him?

Then we Jessica. She is moving back to town after her parents died and she was adopted. She is a human who wants to know more about what really happened to her real parents. What happens when these two meet? Well in his human form Eric stays away from everyone. He doesn't get involved with school, and simply has become a loner.

Jessica gets picked up by Crystal and Robb who introduce her to school and to my tried to run her life as far as who she talked to, what she did, and so on but mostly it was Crystal.

Throughout this book we follow Jessica's struggle to handle school work, the search for her parents, adjusting to a new school, handling her run ins and school projects with Eric, and discovering who she really is.

Eric is preparing for the Ultimate battle between Dark and Light in just a few months. What he never expected was to meet a mysterious Shade who doesn't know what she is, who her parents are, and what she is capable of. He knows that he needs to report her to the Elders but doesn't want to because outside Shades have to be killed. What is he going to do? What happens when he finds out who this Shade really is? What will happen when he finds out there is more to this war than he was told? And how will he handle being able to feel again and has to lose what he wants to the most to keep everyone safe? If you want to know seriously pick up the book and find out. It is soooo worth it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Minutes Before Sunset.

September 22, 2013 – Shelved