Anna's Reviews > Journal of Eva Morelli

Journal of Eva Morelli by Maryann D'Agincourt

it was ok
bookshelves: first-reads, signed, reviewed, from-me

I won this book in a Goodreads give-away.
I very much wanted to like this book as I won it, it's signed and all that, but in the end I can only give it 2.5 stars and settled on 2.

The book is divided in short chapters of three 'main' characters: the psychologist, the patient and the wife of the psychologist. The chapters on the wife aren't that interesting and barely add anything to the main plot. Actually they're very redundant.
There are many hints in Eva (the patient) her chapters that she knows Dr. Forester (this is hinted so often that it is not really a spoiler), but it takes so long for the secret to come out, that it was a bit disappointing.

There are interesting parts in the book of course, but they're almost all in Eva's chapters. Stephen could have been an interesting character, but as it is written you barely know him. If the chapters would've been a bit longer and focus more on just Stephen and Eva or possibly just Eva, then I would have enjoyed it far more.

Obviously there are people who completely disagree with me, so I would recommend this book to people who like a short story with a bit of mystery, but I might advise them to skip the Brea chapters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Journal of Eva Morelli.

September 22, 2013 – Started Reading