David Eccles's Reviews > On the Lips of Children

On the Lips of Children by Mark  Matthews

I received an advance review copy from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I know that this book has both male and female leads who are marathon runners, but it has the pace of a world-class sprinter!
The opening epilogue is something I read quite a while ago, and it sickened me to the point where I thought "Wow! I need to read all of this book!"
Macon and Erin have travelled to San Diego with their 6 year-old daughter, Lyric, so that the girls can watch Macon run his first marathon.
Both Macon and Erin have their secrets and their demons, and have overcome them together, but now, as the three of them fall foul of a cannibalistic family who live in the tunnels originally dug by drug smugglers beneath the overpass, it becomes a race against time as they try to both survive and escape the drug-crazed Dante, his woman Lupita and their twin little horror, Q and T.
There is no lull in pace whatsoever in this book, and Mark Matthews delivers his tale with tremendous impact. From the epilogue, it shows just what a mother will do to look after her children.
Highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Lips of Children.

September 21, 2013 – Started Reading
September 21, 2013 – Shelved
September 22, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Rutter Will check this out. Interesting story. Thanks for recommending this.