valee's Reviews > Taken by Midnight

Taken by Midnight by Lara Adrian

2320890
Sep 25, 2009

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance

7 hours was what it took me to read this book. I still can't believe it though,lol. I guess I really got caught up with it.
It was amazing. Much better than the previous book, although not as good as Tegan's, Rio's and Niko's books, but those are just too though to overcome,lol. But after those 3 this is definitely my fav in the series.

I never thought would end up loving Brock as much as I did, he was a terrific hero. Loved him! And the heroine, Jenna, was even better. She was a thought one, ex-police and with just in the need for a man like Brock. They were so perfect together.

**** SPOILERS AHEAD ~~~~***

There is one reason for why I am not adding this book to my favs and that is that I was waiting for Jenna to become even more stronger. I had this idea that she would become a warrior herself, as strong as the ancient had been. But nop, she just stayed half human, half sth we don't know, with a bit more power that a human but with the ability to live without aging. I don't know, it was a bit lame. I just kept waiting for a big finale but it never arrived.

Also I missed the breedmate-warrior connection in this installment. And the powers the breedmates and the warriors usually have. Brock's power was a bit lame (sorry, but it's the truth) and Jenna had none at all.

But then again, the romance was terrific, and to see Jenna becoming something we still not understand was great too. And what this book had that none of the last ones did was that it was entirely set in the compound, so we get to see a lot of the warriors again, even to know them better. That was good.

***END OF SPOILERS***

It was a terrific read, not a fav, but great nevertheless. I missed this series greatly and this installment did not disappoint. I CAN'T WAIT to read Hunter's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken by Midnight.

September 25, 2009 – Shelved
February 20, 2010 – Shelved as: amazing-pnr-romance
September 28, 2010 – Started Reading
September 28, 2010 –
0.0% "OMFG. SO EXCITED about this one!!"
50.0% "OMG So good!"
September 28, 2010 –
70.0% "LOVING IT. OMG, just run to your library and buy it because it's amazing. I can't put it down!!!"
September 28, 2010 – Finished Reading

valee This cover is amazing. I love the colors.

valee Damn, I wanna read this book right now! Why do we have to wait till august? I'm mad as hell!

Laura the Highland Hussy I'm reading this one right now :)

valee lol. I loved it. Read it it so fast!LOL. I couldn't put it down at all.
You just have to let me know once you read it so we can discuss it, there's so many things I need to discuss about this book, and I'm dying to see how you'll rate it.

I absolutely loved the book, that's why the 5 stars, but there were many things that really annoyed me. Just let me know,lol.
Enjoy your read.

message 5: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Great review! I'm playing catch up with this series right now. Maybe I should take it slow so I don't finish before August lol!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm glad you loved it so much. I'm getting mine today!

valee You'll love it and there's so many things to discuss about this installment that I'm dying to talk about them. So let me know once you read it.

Spencer Hastings I really can not wait for Hunter's story either!
And yeah, I was hoping for that big climax of her becoming as strong as the ancient but nope. Though having everything being set in the compound made up for it, I suppose.

valee I know, that was why I was so disappointed. Everything was saying she would become even stronger than some of the warriors but nothing really happened. Well, maybe later will come,lol.

Laura the Highland Hussy I think I'm with you about Jenna being more of a damsel in distress rather than the ex-cop she should be acting like.

valee That's exactly how I felt!

Laura the Highland Hussy my review is up. :)

valee Nice review girl.

Laura the Highland Hussy thanks, did you agree about how Jenna should have stepped up?

valee I did, I mention sth like that in my review as well. All the problems I had with this installment were related to Jenna.

Laura the Highland Hussy I'm glad, I remember now you did have a problem with her, I just didn't remember if that was the only problem.
I liked her a bit more towards the end, but I also thought the meeting with the elder and his son about the kidnapping was pretty lame. It could have been more.

valee I can't wait for the next!!!