Holly's Reviews > When Darkness Falls

When Darkness Falls by Shannon Drake

Sep 24, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: 2009, vampire
Recommended for: fans of paranormal romance/vampire fiction

** spoiler alert ** Better than the first book in the series, Beneath A Blood Red Moon, but once again the story seemed to fall apart towards the end of the book. The ending itself was extremely frustrating, and left more questions than answers.

I love the character of Lucian. He is a near-perfect anti-hero. However, his heroine Jade ended up coming off as somewhat whiny. The secondary characters (Jade's friends from her writers group especially) were for the most part entertaining, and provided a bit of much needed comic relief.

For me, the single biggest problem was the fact that Lucian & Jade's future was left pretty much up in the air. The ending to BABRM while extremely far fetched in it's resolution, at least left little doubt as to the path that Maggie & Sean were on. Where as with this book, the reader is left feeling more than a little cheated out of a proper ending.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Darkness Falls.

September 24, 2009 – Shelved
Started Reading
October 14, 2009 –
page 270
October 14, 2009 – Finished Reading

Joanie I felt the same way. The ending annoyed me. Is she a vampire? Will he have to make her one? I wonder if the other books will address this seeing as Lucian is the 'king," but I didn't like the first two enough to really keep reading.