Aimee's Reviews > Have Gown, Will Wed

Have Gown, Will Wed by Killian McRae

bookshelves: cool-really-cool, first-reads, freaking-hilarious-i-want-to-die, fun-fresh-sweet, i-would-like-to-read-it-again, light-funny-and-fluffy, love-love-love, you-give-me-inspiration
Recommended for: people with their romantic and dreamy side. :)

" 'Oh, I've had my dealings with those types, I assure you. But I'm afraid you quite misunderstand me.' She back stepped to her chair and sat, crossing one delightfully long leg over the other. 'I'm not looking for an employee.'

His mind reached for another possibility. 'Even for interns, this isn't -'

Her grey eyes narrowed. ' Not an intern, either. What I'm after is -'

'A husband!' The words exploded from Carmen's lips along with a sound that was somewhere between a squeal and a sigh. 'She wants you to recruit her a husband' "

description

description

Rosalind Betters is the CEO and founder of BetaHouse. When the last of her so called "sisters" will finally tie the knot, she felt as if she is never going to get married. So she decides to hire a HEADHUNTER to find the perfect husband.

When Xavier Hommes met the classic-beauty, headstrong and witty Ms. Betters, he thought what an absurd request she would as of him. But when he was offered a one year contract with the BetaHouse, a hefty commission and an unlimited budget alongside with the beautiful Ms. Betters, he couldn't resist.

When hearts fly, proffesionalism forgotten and a whole lot of smart, witty banters, how could these two not be perfect for each other?

"Why don't you bring women around here anymore, Mr. Hommes?"

'Because I realized that I didn't want and endless string of meaningless women. I wanted…wantonly one who would mean everything.'

'And you haven't found her yet?'

He shook his head…"

Gah. I think I fell in love with this book.

Those things Xavier would say to Rosalind, it would melt the coldest hearts of human.

Just. Oh my god.

Rosalind had a bad childhood that is why she has some relationships that wouldn't last and why she isn;t settled already. Then when her bf, Kamakshi told her she's finally tying the knot, it gave Rosalind a cold splash to her life. She wanted to get married and finally settle down. And when she went to Xavier Hommes for expertise in finding her "The One", let's just say those dormant stuff within Rosalind finally went back to life.

When Xavier found the best and perfect partner for her, he was doubting everything. He should be "The One"! Not Kane "More Than Able" Kennedy (I feel a pun going in here). HIM! And so the crazy match begins.

I love the story because there was friendship that cements their relationship. Not like the other books, they would show physical stuff going on these days which is so sad. I mean, it is the sad reality to some but there are others (like me) who still believe in fairy tale stories. Innocent and pure.

LOVE THIS! :)))))

Thank you MsKillian McRae for this awesome book that you have made. I would love if Kane Kennedy would have his own. I think he should have a taste of his own medicine. He should get "Kaned" too.

*Just wrote a review for this because I won it from Goodreads first reads. Hope to win some more though. :D*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Have Gown, Will Wed.

September 19, 2013 – Shelved