Holly's Reviews > The Carbon Diaries 2015

The Carbon Diaries 2015 by Saci Lloyd

Sep 23, 2009

bookshelves: realistic-fiction, ya, grades-5-8
Read in September, 2009

Another book about environmental disaster. This one was not quite as harrowing as Life As We Knew It of The Dead and the Gone by Susan Pfeffer, or because it ended with a little hope for the future. It's also written in diary form (like those others), but this one takes place in London. And I liked the side story about the narrator (Laura) playing bass in a punk band called the dirty angels (in lowercase letters).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Carbon Diaries 2015.

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy When you give a book a grade range, would you say that's reading level, interest or roughly both? Heather likes to hear these kinds of recommendations, but this book may be more middle school than Gilbert which goes through 5th. I will try to get it at the public for Henry though.

Holly Hmm. I went and read a bunch of other reviews of this book on Goodreads, and everybody else listed it as Young Adult fiction. We have it in both places in our library (children's and YA). But Henry might not get that into it yet, since it's narrated by a 16-year-old girl who has typical adolescent girl issues! But I'd be very interested to hear his opinion if he tries it.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy OH, now that ya say that, doesn't sound like his thing. At first it made me think of Smekday.

Beth Holly, I knew the pig was safe, as there is no way you would have given it 4 stars if anything had happened to him! :)