Hooked On Books's Reviews > When You're Ready

When You're Ready by J.L. Berg

I really loved this book.
It is the story of a young widow called Clare Murray & her daughter Maddie. Clare’s husband passed away 3 years ago & Clare still misses him, but has resigned herself to being without him.
When Clare has to take Maddie to the ER department of their local hospital, they meet Dr Logan Matthews. Logan is a Billionaires son, who due to a very public divorce & the constant disapproval of his father, has become cold & emotionless.
However, after meeting Clare & Maddie, Logan starts to feel that maybe his life could be different, but does Clare feel the same?
This was a beautiful story written in both Clare’s & Logan’s POV, which I personally enjoy. You instantly connect with Clare, who is a sweet & very loving mother to the absolutely adorable Maddie. Their interactions are wonderful. Maddie is a total joy.
Once you get to know Logan, you understand where he is coming from. When all three characters get together it is lovely, they work so well together.
There is a lot of humour in this book, where I was laughing out loud & giggling about long after, but there are some heart wrenching moments that had me sobbing my heart out.
I highly recommend this book, but make sure you have tissues handy when you read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You're Ready.

Finished Reading