Sandy Nawrot's Reviews > A Wanted Man

A Wanted Man by Lee Child

Sep 17, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: audio

Call me in two weeks and I won't be able to tell you much about this story, except for the Jack Reacher "givens". He'll smooth-talk at least one competent woman. He'll take out a large group of bad guys, all by himself. He will change his clothes once, and perhaps if we are lucky, take a shower. He will hitchhike. He'll save someone old, female, a kid, or all three. Whatever. I guess I'd like Jack to find himself a woman (what he was trying to do when he got sidelined by bad guys). But I do enjoy his cleverness, his cockiness, and his ability to take care of business. I love it when Jack pulls a few badass tricks, and someone asks "Who the hell ARE you?". This series isn't one I read for the mystery aspect, it is all about Jack. In this installment, I'm not even 100% sure what the bad guys were doing and how it was all resolved (lots of people were shot, I do know that). But at the end, Jack continues on to Virginia to find a woman he met over the phone a couple of books back. I'll look forward to seeing where that goes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wanted Man.

September 17, 2013 – Shelved