Teresa Mary Rose's Reviews > Greta and the Glass Kingdom

Greta and the Glass Kingdom by Chloe Jacobs

bookshelves: arc, 2015, blog-tour, for-review, high-fantasy, re-readable-books, ya

More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I have been waiting so long to get my hands on this book. I had been building up the anticipation for over two years now. I’m not going to lie, I was nervous. What if the sequel didn’t live up to my expectations? What if I didn’t love the series as much anymore? I mean I love Isaac and I had so much hope for the sequel, but as with any sequel I always have those little voices of doubt in my head. I shouldn't have worried though because Greta and the Glass Kingdom was a great follow up and I loved going back to Mylena.

Greta is still the kickass heroine I remembered her to be and I love her so much for that. I love that she is the one taking charge and leading the way. She doesn’t let anything stop her and she never gives up. Even when things seem to be their darkest, she keeps pushing and fighting.

And then there is Isaac and I had almost forgotten how much I absolutely love and adore him. Seriously. He has stolen my heart and I don’t care if he ever gives it back or not. He is so strong and wild and rough around the edges, but he is still sweet and he cares and that combination makes him great.

I really enjoyed visiting Mylena again. Chloe has created such an incredible world. It is so captivating and dangerous and you can vividly picture it in your head. I also loved the twists and turns throughout the story. Some I saw coming but others took me completely by surprise. It really kept me on my toes. The pacing was good and I never felt bored. But that ending… OH MY GOD! I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book.

Greta and the Glass Kingdom was a great story with danger, adventure, action, and of course a swoony romance. For those of you who have been waiting for this one, the wait was most definitely worth it. And if you haven’t started this series yet, I highly suggest you do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Greta and the Glass Kingdom.

Quotes Teresa Mary Rose Liked

Chloe Jacobs
“Please, Isaac. I just want..."
"What wishes do you make of me now?" His voice was a low murmur that teased the wispy strands at her temple until she felt the hesitant press of his lips. "I'll grant every one.”

Chloe Jacobs
“Not when she’d finally realized how rare and special what they’d started together was. No king and queen anywhere were going to be as good together as they would be. She was finally going to prove that not only was she good enough for Isaac and good enough to stay in Myena, she was good enough to rule Myena.”

Chloe Jacobs
“You shouldn't have come in here. Someone might see us."
He didn't remove himself, instead raised an eyebrow and glared at her like maybe she'd just offended him.
"Your nightmare screams could raise the dead, but I should just leave you to them?”

Chloe Jacobs
“Damn, you look good," Her mouth went dry and she couldn't look away. "Every inch a king."
A goofy grin spread across his face, and her chest virtually exploded. It was like an unexpected ray of sunshine and... well... she loved that she was the one who'd just made it happen.”

September 17, 2013 – Shelved
September 17, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
February 14, 2015 – Started Reading
February 14, 2015 –
31.0% "Ugh Wyatt. Go away."
February 14, 2015 –
41.0% "No no no no no no no!"
February 15, 2015 –
100.0% "Gahh. I can't believe that's the end!"
February 15, 2015 – Shelved as: arc