Pretender Centre's Reviews > Rebirth

Rebirth by Steven Long Mitchell

Like many, was incredibly excited to hear of the return of our beloved Pretender. Then was anxious about how it was to be achieved. There was much speculation about how to fill in the gap, where it would go, would it be the same Pretender that we all love? Admittedly, I approached this with some small trepidation and found that I was literally knocked out of my socks with how good it was.

The story was immediately engaging and all so familiar, and it spun out in my head as I was reading like an episode playing in my mind. The familiar faces and voices all there, and some new ones too, which I was surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed them!(which was most unexpected). Cleverly done to embrace old fans and welcome new, a little darker and edgier than the series now the limits of television production are no longer there. Despite initial misgivings, found myself dragged back into the Pretender Universe as easily as slipping in a DVD and just absolutely loved it!

Anxiously awaiting the next installment, even more greedy for more Pretender than ever before. Steven and Craig have done a wonderful job with this, re-igniting my love for the show and story more than ever before. It was like meeting up with old friends you haven't seen in ... well 12 years... and everything falls so naturally and you slip into that comfortable friendship immediately.

Loved the new bits of information and insight into the characters and their motivations and the plot line itself was fast paced and verrrrry interesting too. Cannot wait for the sequel.

Do yourself a favour and read this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebirth.

September 16, 2013 – Shelved