Ash's Reviews > Death's Shadow

F 50x66
Sep 22, 2009

bookshelves: ashlees-top-100, horror-and-gore, the-demonata
Read in September, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Darren Shan continues to delight and completely shake the human world in this next installment of The Demonata - Death's Shadow, the title is even an essential part of the storyline! It is at this point you realise just how crucial the small details have been, right from the begining to the very end these details are starting to add up! It's certainly not a series for the faint of heart, the gore, the descriptive deaths, the contstant hints being dropped it certainly proves Shan's skill as a storyteller.

Most of all, I loved that once again I could read the story from Bec's perspective, and at this stage she is my favorite narator from the series, Kernel is difficult to read about and I actually enjoy Grubb's fragmented way of telling the story, however Bec's insight and power make her in my eyes the most interesting and gripping narator of the three. In particular her "sponge-like" skill is particularly useful so that we can finally see into the life and mind of the infamous Bernabus! Finally! Overall this book has been my favorite of the series, the second being Lord Loss, and the twists and turns will leave you reading until the wee hours of the morning because you'll learn that there are forces that even the Ka-Gash can't contend with.

Overall a fantastic and gripping read. Highly recomended for Darren Shan fans and horror/gore fans alike!

5 Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death's Shadow.

09/26/2009 page 78