Jane Maritz's Reviews > A Cousin's Prayer

A Cousin's Prayer by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Sep 21, 2009

A Cousin's Prayer is a sweet Amish Country inspirational romance that takes place in an Amish community of Indiana. Katie struggles with panic attacks following a tragic accident in which her boyfriend is killed. She is surrounded by family and friends and memories - memories she'd rather not keep reliving. This is her story as she finds healing in love - God's and Freeman's.

I enjoyed the insight into the Amish lifestyle; the author is quite detailed even to the vocabulary used. The main character is easy to relate to as she faces challenges of depression, gossip, and other issues any of us might face in any community.

A Cousin's Prayer is the second book in the Indiana Cousins series. It reads fine on its own, but I'm curious as to the stories of some of the peripheral characters and would love to read their stories in the other books.

While the plot is somewhat predictable, it makes this a feel-good book that is definitely worth the read.

Thanks to Barbour Books for the review copy of this book. (And if you're interested in reviewing it, check out NetGalley for an online version...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cousin's Prayer.