Carmen Rae's Reviews > Willing Captive

Willing Captive by Belle Aurora

bookshelves: sweet, na, favourites

Ok I read the blurb and the author's note and I still put off reading this thinking it was going to be something I wasn't in the right emotional space to read. I am happy to admit I am an idiot. This book was awesome. It made me run the whole gamut of emotions but the main feeling I had was one of falling in love. That is after I stopped laughing at Lily's arguments with her brain and her smart ass comments.

I don't know if it's the books I chose or if it's all the books out at the moment but this is the first book in a long time I can honestly say that I watched Lily and Nox fall in love and I felt it right along with them.

photo Timeline_Cover_doNotRename60_zpsb2a70bb7.png

My knees sting like hell but I don’t utter a word of complaint, because let’s face it, Nox doesn’t seem like the giver of fucks.

So first impressions seem to be a little less than flattering as far as Lily goes but luckily for us (and the story) Nox shows some redeeming features other than the ones under his clothes although maybe we should check those ones out first ;)

photo 7bc53ca0-63a4-4ad4-8b1a-8693e4491ed0_zps77f33489.jpg

But then we get inside Nox's head and we can't help but get a little swoony.

She's pretty. And when I say pretty, I mean pretty. And she doesn't even know it. Which doesn't help me in the slightest. Her long, dark-reddish hair has half come out of its ponytail. It's thick and has a wave to it. Her face is clear and her skin has a peaches - and - cream thing going on. She's pale. Almost like she's never seen the sun, but it suits her. Her bright - green eyes are encased by long dark lashes. She doesn't wear a stitch of makeup. She's naturally pretty. But that hair ....... that fucking hair. I haven't seen anything like it.

photo index_zps53ca49c6.jpg

And he just keeps getting sweeter and more perfect and we watch the depth of emotion between them deepen.

photo Timeline_Cover_doNotRename35_zps7be1b3f5.png

Until finally

photo PicMonkeyCollage_zps238c0d12.jpg

This book was awesome and I really regret that I didn't read it sooner but I am REALLY glad that I get to encourage you to pop your cherry so you all can hit me up to discuss the awesomness as you read it.

Read More Reviews on our Blog!
Like Sizzling Pages on Facebook!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Willing Captive.

Quotes Carmen Liked

Belle Aurora
“You remember what you said this morning? About it being totally stupid to fall in love with me?"
At that, my eyes open. He adds quietly, "Then you should start calling me a fuckin' moron.”

Belle Aurora
“Owe ye everything, son. Ye need or want anything, ye just ask."
Nox earns a point in my dad's book when he utters, "I'm quite partial to your daughter, actually. I was kinda hoping I could keep her.”

Belle Aurora
“Wrapping her arm around my waist, she squeezes tightly and hisses out a breath. "Dammit, that hurts!"
And I can't help but chuckle.
I think she said the same thing the first time we made love.”

Belle Aurora
“Can't help who you fall in love with, princess.”

Belle Aurora
“Standing face to face with a still pissed Nox, I find myself getting pissed, too. Nox just has that effect on me. I swear this guy must’ve been conceived through back door action. There’s no way being that much of an asshole is natural.”

Belle Aurora
“You know how when a guy and girl really like each other in a book, they talk about a spark between them? With Nox there is no spark. No. He bypassed the spark. When Nox touches me, there’s nothing less than the whistling, shrieking explosions of fireworks. Big ones. The ones they save till the end of the show.”

Belle Aurora
“That one person everyone looks for. They search and search, and some die trying to find ‘em. And when you finally meet them, something inside of you says “Oh, there you are. I’ve been looking for you. And I didn’t even know it.”

Belle Aurora
“I don’t utter a word of complaint, because let’s face it, Nox doesn’t seem like a giver of fucks.”

September 15, 2013 – Shelved
September 15, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: sweet
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: na
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: favourites
October 5, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

♛✨  Christine ♛✨ I LOVE this review :)

Carmen Rae Christine wrote: "I LOVE this review :)"

Thanks babe :)

♛✨  Christine ♛✨ Carmen's wrote: "Christine wrote: "I LOVE this review :)"

Thanks babe :)"