Lynda Young's Reviews > One More Day

One More Day by L.S. Murphy

4821967
Sep 12, 2013

Time Piece by Anna Simpson
Think Groundhog Day. The story could’ve been confusing but instead I was drawn along for the ride. This story is a great start to the anthology and I loved the ending.

Dark Rose by Marissa Halvorson
This story is about colliding universes, and as such, it has a fragmented dream-like quality to the writing--the way the characters come and go, the way there’s not a lot of description so the visualisation of the scenes feels hazy. My main issue was the flimsy motivations of the villain of the piece, which prevented the story from being a great one.

Dragon Flight by J Keller Ford
I loved the literal rollercoaster beginning of this story. I also loved the voice of the main character and the fast pace. This is an unexpected story which had me smiling the whole way through. My favourite of the anthology.

The 13th Month by L S Murphy
This story starts strong. The author captured a great voice in the male main character and I enjoyed the tone. Very engaging. However, the ending lost some of its impact because it lacked any real emotional drive in the character and too many questions were left unanswered.

Sleepless Beauty by Kimberly Kay
As guessed from the title, this is an amusing retelling of Sleeping Beauty through the eyes of a seventeen year old servant girl. A fast, fun read. Although it was predictable, I thoroughly enjoyed this. It’s another one of my favourites in the anthology.

Stage Fright by Erika Beebe
I found this story difficult to follow and a little slow for my taste. For a long while I wondered what the story was about, other than simply a girl performing in a play on stage. It picks up halfway through, but still it didn’t engage me. I’m sure many readers will love this story because there are plenty of scenes they’ll be able to relate to.

A Morrow More by Danielle E Shipley
I was drawn into the fantasy setting of this story. I loved the world building with the Inkborn race and their history. I liked the turn in events, but I felt the ending was a little too quick. I would’ve liked to have seen the main character falter a little more at the reveal of a certain truth. Despite that, I enjoyed this story very much and it’s a good one to end the anthology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One More Day.

Finished Reading