Shadowshock's Reviews > Water Keep

Water Keep by J. Scott Savage

Sep 19, 2009

bookshelves: good-fiction
Recommended for: Nothing questionable and totally safe for yonger kids as well as adults looking for a good story
Read in September, 2009

A very nice read!

One of the main characters, Marcus, is a crippled who in one world needs a wheelchair to get around and in the other a cane. I was a bit wary at first because I've read a few books with "crippled" characters who had super abilities that negated the effects of being crippled.

This story though was a pleasant surprise. The author didn't lean too much on the Marcus's disability, but he didn't ignore it either. Though Marcus does loose his wheelchair, he had earlier proved that he could do without it and the scene did not stretch the imagination.

The other main character, Kyjat, was likeable as well. She was a balanced character who got mad, got scared, and wanted nothing more then to have someone call her friend despite the one thing that made her somewhat of an outcast in her world. Sort of like a lot of people in real life.

The author wove the two worlds neatly together. All in all, this was a highly pleasant book to read and I was satisfied by the time I finished it. I would definitely look up the second book when it comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water Keep.

09/19/2009 page 83