Jan Deelstra's Reviews > Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise

Aruba by Dave Holloway

bookshelves: nonfiction

Without sacrificing this book with a review laced with emotions and spoilers, I am compelled to say that I will never travel to Aruba, nor, if I have anything to do with the decision, will anyone I care about.
Should we boycott Aruba? No. Rather, we should wipe the predators of women and the corrupt polititians and so-called law enforcement officials who protect them off the face of the planet. This includes the corrupt officials on the small island of Aruba, and MUST also, perhaps more importantly, include those covering up the drug and sex trades in Holland.
This story isn't about one missing high school graduate and the family desparate to find her. This is a HUGE issue about thousands of missing persons and the sex-slave business. This book is the flashlight that shines on a dark and sinister condition that continues to plague.
Especially intriguing in Dave Holloway's book is the Appendix/Shango's Riddle. In the end, it is left to the readers and bloggers to decide if Natalie Holloway is still alive. The book took me from what I believed to be the truth, and led me to an unsettling place of a new opinion. I am haunted by the possibilities.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aruba.

September 12, 2013 – Started Reading
September 12, 2013 – Shelved
October 8, 2013 – Shelved as: nonfiction
October 8, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Mariah Roze (new)

Mariah Roze Our Diversity in All Forms Book Club is reading this for November. We’d love to have you join the discussion on it. :) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Jan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jan Deelstra Very cool book club you've got going. If ever you would like to add The Flying Game to your group reads, I can offer you an enormous discount on bulk books that Amazon cannot touch. :-)
I'll check out your book club link.
Thanks for including me!

message 3: by Mariah Roze (new)

Mariah Roze Jan wrote: "Very cool book club you've got going. If ever you would like to add The Flying Game to your group reads, I can offer you an enormous discount on bulk books that Amazon cannot touch. :-)
I'll check..."

That sounds great! You should let the members know that :)