Youndyc's Reviews > The Museum at Purgatory

The Museum at Purgatory by Nick Bantock

2074925

liked it

This book is strange. It's mostly an art book, with a narrative created to allow Mr. Bantock to go from picture to picture. I've been curious about Mr. Bantock since perusing his earlier book Griffin and Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence, which is a fascinating book with all sorts of little envelopes and letters and pictures to tell the story. This book didn't have all the moving parts of G&S, but it had plenty of the strange illustrations I would expect. I'm also going to take a look at The Venetian's Wife, which appears to have a layout similar to The Museum at Purgatory.

By the way, just in case you are interested in the story that you will read in this book - the title, The Museum at Purgatory, is somewhat self-explanatory. Non is the Curator of The Museum at Purgatory where souls leave their collections when they pass through Purgatory on the way to the appropriate Utopia or Dystopia, as appropriate to the particular soul. There are descriptions of several of the collections (i.e., a story of those souls) and then there is the Curator's tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Museum at Purgatory.

Started Reading