Deanna Sletten's Reviews > Sisters in Love

Sisters in Love by Melissa Foster

When I purchased Sisters in Love by Melissa Foster, I expected a lighthearted romance, but as I began reading this novel, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the story was much more than that. While at its core, Sisters in Love is a romance (sometimes even steamy), the characters and the story has a depth you don't usually find in lighthearted romances. The main character, Danica Snow, is a strong woman who is very straight laced and work orientated, quite the opposite of her younger sister, Kaylie, who parties and jumps from man to man. As Danica's life unfolds, we find that she is also a very caring person as she spends time with a troubled teenaged girl, Michelle, as part of the Big Sister Program. The same is true of Blake Carter, who at first we believe to be nothing but an egotistical playboy. However, as events occur, we find there is a heart and soul below the showy exterior. When Danica and Blake meet, the attraction is mutual, but there are many barriers they each must break down before they can give in to those emotions.

I really enjoyed this first novel in the Snow Sister's series. The characters are complex, likable, and well developed. The storyline kept me interested and reading so I could find out what happened to each of the characters. If you enjoy a romance novel with depth, heart, and soul, you will enjoy Sisters in Love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters in Love.

September 11, 2013 – Started Reading