Nic's Reviews > Trusting Thomas

Trusting Thomas by K.C. Wells

bookshelves: mm, dreamspinner-purchased, zz-amazon-yes

"One day you will see things differently. One day you'll awaken to sunshine, not just in your room but in your heart, and you'll be able to step out of the shadows, to become the person you were meant to be."

The character of Peter was beautifully written,so broken and sad. It was wonderful to watch his blossoming under the tender care of Thomas and the friendship provided by Alex.

Peter's view of submission was warped by his experience with a cruel and uncaring man. Peter knew where his natural inclinations lay but his trust was abused until he lived a life in fear.

The story is very focused on Peter's emotional healing, his learning to trust and ultimately learning to love while giving himself to a man who loves him in return.

Thomas is the man to meet all of Peter's needs but it takes Thomas a while to come to that realisation. He is fearful of the significant age gap between Peter and himself and has been alone for so long that the club had become his focus. Thank goodness for good friends to help him see the light!

Abuse, emotion, submission, sex, love, friendship, drama...this book was a wonderful continuation of the series!

Another thing I did like was the small cross-over with the Learning to Love series characters. Detective Inspector Mark Saunders appears in this book and there is reference to his son Josh and his housemate Daniel - Daniel helpfully lent DI Saunders a cock-ring to fit out as a listening device! :) Make sure you check out my review of that series. Josh's story can be found here.

I publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trusting Thomas.

September 11, 2013 – Shelved