Olivia Barrington's Reviews > First Grave on the Right

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

Sep 10, 2013

So I've left my original review at the bottom and boy what a year and six books a difference make. I'm in between something new to read and going back and reacquainting myself with some of the stories I have grown to like.
I've read all of the New Species and decided to read Charley Davidson after shooting down the Bared to You Series because as much as I love Gideon Cross, I'm a paranormal romance girl through and through and no mere mortal man can love you like a vampire, or werewolf, or angel or the Son of Satan.
After reading First Grave on the Right a second time, after reading all of this series all I can say about the lack-luster first review is: "I've must have lost my mind momentarily!"
These books are fun and if you have the time, energy, and conviction of an avid reader you will not put them down until you've read each and every one, and then will immediately become anxious for October to get here quick for book 7 and hope like hell that Darynda Jones will keep on writing until book 27 is reached.
I was laughing out loud at Charley's shenanigans, she's just so...goofy.
For those of you (us) who love the ultimate, over-protective, no-holds-barred, bad boy, you want be disappointed. A little frustrated, but it's well worth the wait when they finally, at last, are together. Romance written at its finest.

Review written September 15, 2013
I have nothing bad to say about this book. I was a fun read and I enjoyed getting to know the characters. Love Charlie Davidson almost as much as I love Anita Blake. Reyes is badass but I think Jean Claude would f@*k him up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Grave on the Right.

September 10, 2013 – Started Reading