Sara's Reviews > Complete

Complete by Lindy Zart

bookshelves: read-in-2014, contemporary-fiction

Continuing the story which was begun in the first book Incomplete, Complete picks up after the events of that novel. I've read both, and I have to say to truly appreciate the story, go back and read the first one to familiarize yourself with the characters and their backgrounds. Incomplete is just as good as its sequel. From the beginning of the book, I was drawn in once more by Lindy Zart's story about Lily and Grayson. There were lots of feels when I found myself close to tears, and of course there were moments in the book which made me laugh as well. There were also a few scenes where I found myself saying “Yes!” out loud.

Both Grayson and Lily are crafted in such a way that they both feel like real people. Lindy definitely captured the ups and downs of relationships, and it felt genuine. To me, what really brought that to life brilliantly was the dialogue, one of my favorite parts of this book. In my opinion, Lindy really knows how to bring out the character's emotions through that aspect, and I really liked knowing what Lily's innermost thoughts were, since this book is told from her perspective.

I loved this book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for contemporary romance, but it is so much more than that. My rating is 5/5 platypires.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Complete.

September 9, 2013 – Shelved