Heather's Reviews > Gold

Gold by Talia Vance

bookshelves: own

Please someone tell me there is a Platinum in the works, please!! I was just okay with Silver. The mythology of the bandia is hard to follow, the relationship between Brianna and Blake even harder. I never really understood it in Silver. It just never seemed to make sense. It didn't feel right and it was just too hard. They didn't even seem like they liked each other. Now, sexually, yeah, they were hot. But otherwise, meh. So I wanted to see where this novel went. I mean, IRELAND. I'll read about digging graves if it's set in Ireland! But I got a novel that I couldn't put down from the minute I started. Okay, so maybe the first couple of pages I couldn't understand what had happened, but Talia Vance digs right in and tells us in a flashback what happened.

This makes the third book I've read by Talia Vance and this one feels like she has finally found where she's comfortable. The writing flows smoothly and there is no point where there is a jarring disconnect in the story. I thought Silver had those times, I'm thinking those might have been intentional, and perhaps the whole unbelievable relationship was intentional. You'll understand when you read Gold. And I highly recommend you read this one. Gold shines like it's name. There are "sexy times" which come so slow you practically want to reach through the book and help them along. But I'm not complaining. Everything comes at the right pace, the tension is done really well, that's why you're anxious for it to happen. My stomach was in knots so many times- those Sons of Killian are single minded in their desire to kill the bandia. And Brianna is always right there, ready to be killed.

The story in Gold is explained much better. There is time travel, more Gods, and an epic battle scene. Of course, there is loss, isn't that how it always goes? Someone always loses in battle. There are losses I really didn't count on. I confess, I read the ending before I finished the book. I cheat like that sometimes. It didn't spoil the book for me though. I had to find out how they got from where they were to how it ended. And it was one hell of a read! Literally! As a second book, it far exceeds the first and is one of those books I was pulling my sweatshirt over my head juggling my e-reader in my hand so I could still read. When I finished it, there was nothing I could read that would satisfy me. You know when you've just read this great adventure and you come down off this high and you want to feel it again and you have no idea what is going to give you that high again? So I started it over again. I figure as fast as I read it, I'm bound to have missed something. And it's rare, right now that I'm rereading a book. Yes, it was that good. But there has to be a third book, right? Right??? Please! I'm begging! That can't be the end. It just can't.

I received a copy of this novel for review from the publisher through NetGalley. This did not influence my review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gold.

Started Reading
September 6, 2013 – Finished Reading
September 8, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
September 8, 2013 – Shelved
October 2, 2015 – Shelved as: own

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Rachel I hope there is a third too! I just finished it like ten seconds ago and I dont even want to think about reading another book I'll feel like I'm cheating on this one I loved it that much! The only even book I've ever felt this way about was the Alchemy Of Forever (Incarnation series) I think you would like that one too.

Heather I asked Talia Vance about if there was going to be a sequel and she said she kinda has one in her mind, but she's not sure what the publishers have to say about it. It stands as it is right now.

I actually didn't like The Alchemy of Forever that much. It was okay. But it was the first or second book I read on my Kindle, and I think it might have made a difference. I'm a book kind of girl, though I've learned how to not let the Kindle affect my feelings about a book, now. I think I'd like to read the second book in that series and see what happens. That last text message was kind of devastating!

Rachel OMG! You need to read the second part!!!!It was even better than the first! All I'm gonna say is you are in for a surprise things are not always what they seem!It kept me up so late reading with its many unexpected surprises I finished it in one weekend.I'm a book girl too so I know what you mean. I sent Talia a message asking her too, I hope it happens!

Heather Well now you've got me so curious I'll have to get the Kindle book so I can read it right away! lol I love plot twists and things being not what they seem.

Maybe if enough of us ask, Talia will write another book in the Bandia series!