April's Reviews > The Notebook

F 50x66
Oct 02, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: absoluterubbish
Recommended for: No one with a brain

I have, in my lifetime, come across so few people that I can honestly say the following about "Straight to a fault". Mr. Sparks steals the cake in this book. Not only does he play up to every hopelessly/sappily romantic notion pop-culture has ever churned out for women over the age of 10, he does this in a sexist/uber macho yet trying to come of as sweet but rough around the edges kind of way. Oh male privilege.... If you want to write from a woman's perspective, you should maybe have the forethought to converse with at least one or two about the scenario before jumping headlong into the task.
The book was wholly unbelievable, trite and painful to read. I am amazed that movies are made based on this drivel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Notebook.

04/10/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by She (new)

She gutierrez hey guys, where can i download the full version of this book? pls tell me.. :(

MrsRK What is sad is that women embrace those "hopelessly/sappily romantic notion pop-culture"--otherwise Sparks wouldn't be a millionaire. I disagree with the male privilege thing, but agree the book was pure trash.