Jenn's Reviews > Onyx

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sep 08, 2013

bookshelves: read-in-2014

I finally get the hype about this series. Don't get me wrong, the first book was entertaining, but I spent most of my time wondering what all the blogger peeps saw in the infamous Daemon.

But after Onyx, I totally get the Daemon love and the love for this series. Why did I wait so long to pick up the second book?

JLA builds this book perfectly. Giving just enough details in each chapter to make your mouth water and wanting more, this book will have you staying up late just to see what happens next. And even though I was a little rusty about all the Alien talk/mojo, because of the time lapse between this and Obsidian, JLA quickly pulled me back into this intense world.

Katy and Daemon have great chemistry, and because of their new alien bond it grows even more. I love that she gets a tingly feeling in her neck when he's near. And how protective of Katy -- and Dee for that matter -- Daemon actually is.

This book is a whirlwind with a lot of twist and turns. And even though the last pages were hard to stomach, and gutted me at points, I loved seeing Katy grow and adapt through everything. JLA moved the action from simmer to boil in Onyx. I can only imagine what the next book holds.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Onyx.

September 8, 2013 – Shelved
September 8, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 26, 2013 – Shelved as: tbr-own
December 29, 2013 – Started Reading
December 29, 2013 –
1.0% "Time for Daemon round II"
December 29, 2013 –
January 5, 2014 –
22.0% "Enjoying this one already more than the first. ."
January 9, 2014 –
January 11, 2014 –
January 14, 2014 –
January 18, 2014 –
67.0% "I have to put this down now and get some rest. Too good."
January 18, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014