Amanda's Reviews > The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett

Sep 16, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: spring-break-2010, nonfiction, 2010-reads

I could not put this book down. I almost finished it in one night, but left it to two days instead. To read about John Gilkey was incredibly interesting because although what he did was completely illegal he was unable to admit what he did was wrong. He always felt what he did was justified. For me it is always intruiging when a book can try to take the reader into another individuals head and give insight into how they are thinking.

I also loved this book for the tidbits about rare books and their worth. The whole rare book world was new to me and just to know this tight little circle of rare book sellers and those who search for them exists gives me hope that books will survive after this latest craze for the e-book continues to explode. The book has sparked my own interest in looking into my own collection and thinking about books I'd like to add to my collection in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Loved Books Too Much.