Karen's Reviews > Conquer the Flames

Conquer the Flames by Ariel Tachna

bookshelves: read-mm

What did you think? That's the question of the hour here. Overall, I enjoyed this book, I mean really I was reading it in the middle of the night not once but twice.

When is a kiss not a kiss? When it is all that one man can do to express his love for another. Thorne & Ian, two men both suffering the effects of PTSD but due to vastly different reasons. Thorne because of things he seen and done in his 20 years as a Commando. Ian because of what was done to him as a child. Yet both left with the same medical diagnosis. The question is how could they possibly come together as a couple. In many ways they understood the emotional damaged that they each bore more so than others. Thorne because of his history both before and during his time in the Commandos needed to be able to protect those he cared about, to make the world a better and safer place. Ian's history left him with a strong need to be safe, secure, to not feel threatened. Trust was the foundation for this relationship.

When is love not enough? When a fragile trust has been cracked and a line crossed no matter how unintentionally, then love needs help, it needs sacrifice to rebuild what was lost, to make stronger what has been shaken, friends to have faith and offer support and time for wounds to be healed forever.

I loved the journey these two men took to build their relationship and to truly begin healing the wounds of the past, filled with caution as they struggled to understand each other and be what the other needed, only to finally realized that to be together they had to begin the healing process on their own.

When is a kiss not a kiss? When it becomes a promise of new beginnings and something more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conquer the Flames.

September 8, 2013 – Shelved
March 7, 2014 – Started Reading
March 7, 2014 –
15.0% "Time to talk my cowboys and head off to bed, hope hubby doesn't mind sharing the bed, lol."
March 8, 2014 –
24.0% "I think I have a crush on Thorne, he's just so broken and lonely and all he really wants is a home and to belong. Can I keep him please?"
March 9, 2014 –
45.0% "That moment when you need to decide. Do I buy this? Would this person do this? Yeah, I had one of those moments last night. Big tough, PTSD, macho Cammando Thorne was leaving Ian's hospital room and what did he do on his way out the door? Why he blew him a kiss of course, I died...ROFL! Sorry not in a million years could I picture it, I'm still trying...still laughing."
March 10, 2014 – Finished Reading