Abrahamus's Reviews > Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl: Wide-Eyed Wonder in God's Spoken World

Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl by N.D. Wilson

Sep 15, 2009

bookshelves: misc-non-fiction

I resolved before I even began Page One that I was not going to like this book—at least not too much. I figure that I've read enough books by this guy's dad that I really don't need to become a cheerleader for two generations of Wilsons. Well, I'm sorry. Putting on my game face didn't work and, in spite of a heroic effort on my part, I really did love this book. It's quite a ride. A bit out there, to be sure, but as far as all that goes, really nothing even remotely as inscrutable as some of the short stuff he used to write in Credenda Agenda back in the day. Either Nate has matured significantly as a writer or I have matured as a reader since then—probably a fair amount of both. (Or I suppose it's possible that he has merely stayed the same or even digressed, and I've just been sucked down into his swirling vortex of literary cockamamieness.)

Anyway, whoever you may be, it seems that you will either love or hate this book. But I'll still be your friend, even if you're in the latter category. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl.

September 15, 2009 – Shelved