Pamela D's Reviews > Club Dead

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

bookshelves: fiction-scifi-fantasy, audible-freebie-or-purchased

The vampires are causing headaches for Sookie again in book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse series. Bill has gone missing, so Sookie is recruited by Eric to find him.

I must admit that I am surprised that I am enjoying this series as much as I am. I blame the audiobooks. I don't notice how silly the writing is, because the reader is fantastic. I also really enjoy Sookie's character. She reads like a real person. She has her strengths (she is brave, polite, and is a telepath), but she also has her weaknesses (she gets jealous and lets her anger fester at times). Granted, Sookie gets beat up a lot and loses tons of blood, but she can hold her own. I think Buffy would be cool with her.

One random note, there was at least one sentence that was exactly the same as in a previous Sookie book. Maybe this is normal in this series, but I hadn't noticed it before this one sentence popped up. It was three-quarters of the way through the book, so it took me by surprise.

Note: For those who are sensitive to rape, there is a very brief rape scene.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Club Dead.

September 5, 2013 – Started Reading
September 5, 2013 – Shelved
September 5, 2013 – Shelved as: fiction-scifi-fantasy
September 6, 2013 –
14.0% "Bill needs to stop causing trouble for Sookie."
September 6, 2013 –
29.0% "Bill and Sookie need to learn some communication skills."
September 6, 2013 –
50.0% "Sookie, you need to dump silly old Bill. Maybe you need to date a shapeshifter..."
September 6, 2013 – Finished Reading