Patrycja's Reviews > Out of the Shallows

Out of the Shallows by Samantha Young

it was ok

I liked but not loved first book in this series, Into The Deep. While I found it entertaining it wasn't as good as other Samantha Young's books. Still though I decided to give Charley and Jake a second chance and unfortunately I'm even more disappointed in the sequel. It's not that I didn't like the characters or the writing, I was just bored and really annoyed with the plot that seemed to drag. It'd be better story if it was left as intense standalone.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusSmokin Hot Book BlogEmailGoodreadsPinterest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Shallows.

September 5, 2013 – Shelved
September 5, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
April 19, 2014 – Started Reading
April 19, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by Didi (new)

Didi Completely agree. Didn't like the first book and was disappointed by the direction of the story, so skipping this.

Patrycja Didi wrote: "Completely agree. Didn't like the first book and was disappointed by the direction of the story, so skipping this."

Yeah, I was bored out of mind. For the most part I felt like skimming. It should have been left as a standalone.

message 3: by Didi (new)

Didi Yes, and it dies t come close to her ODS series.

Patrycja Didi wrote: "Yes, and it dies t come close to her ODS series."

Yep. Though I like ODS much better. I'm really looking forward Fall From India Place. But am nervous that (view spoiler)

Mysza Great review Patrycja!

message 6: by Didi (new)

Didi So true, hopefully the surprise is something else? ;-))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ So sorry Patrycja! I understand!

Patrycja Didi wrote: "So true, hopefully the surprise is something else? ;-))"

I hope so :)

Patrycja Mysza wrote: "Great review Patrycja!"

Patrycja SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "So sorry Patrycja! I understand!"

Alex is The Romance Fox I had trouble with the 1st book - in fact, I have put it aside to finish at some later date. I just could not get into it.

So not sure if I am going to get this one.
Pity, because I really love this author.

Kristen Nicely said, Patrycja. xoxo

Patrycja Alex is The Romance Fox wrote: "I had trouble with the 1st book - in fact, I have put it aside to finish at some later date. I just could not get into it.

So not sure if I am going to get this one.
Pity, because I really love th..."

Yeah, me too. I hope Fall From India Place would be awesome.

Patrycja Kristen (Peddler of Smut) wrote: "Nicely said, Patrycja. xoxo"

Thank you!

message 15: by AJ (new)

AJ Ugh! I read the synopsis of this book and suspect that I will feel the same :\ Thanks for your honesty, Patrycja!!