Sarah ~Sehrenity~'s Reviews > Unbound

Unbound by Kim Harrison

Sep 13, 2009

bookshelves: read-in-2009
Read in September, 2009

I find anthologies rather hit or miss, but this one was a hit for me.

1. Key Line Drifter by Kim Harrison
This story was from the Rachel Morgan/Hollows world, and features Jenks. I loved the story, and how it showed his love and devotion to his family. I also suspect that characters mentioned here will show up in Rachel's books soon.

2. Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost
Loved it! This is a Bones story, following him to a hit in New Orleans right before he goes to Ohio (and Cat). You get to see what a great character Bones is, and what he values.

3. Dark Matters by Vicki Pettersson
Didn't really care much for this one. I felt like I was missing something because I didn't understand the world very well. It might appeal more to folks who've actually read the Zodiac books. I just didn't find any redeeming characteristics in any of the players, so it didn't appeal.

4. The Dead, the Damned, and the Forgotten by Jocelynn Drake
I didn't like the one Nightwalker book I tried, but I did enjoy this story. It was well written, and I got a good sense of who the characters were and what was at stake.

5. Two Lines by Melissa Marr
Loved it! Marr's Wicked Lovely YA series was awesome, so I worried what her "adult" style would be like. I shouldn't have because I enjoyed it very much. The ending felt a little like a cliffhanger to lead into a new series, but Marr's blog says no. Be forewarned on that front. Otherwise, I loved the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbound.

Shorty B. I miss Jenks! I'll at least read the KH story.