Ari's Reviews > The Forever Song

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

bookshelves: 2014, arc-galley-or-author, dystopia, paranormal

Can this story be not over? I really don't want to say goodbye..

I loved everything about it - the characters, the action, the humour, the turnarounds.. SO good!

REVIEW:

Such a wonderful ending to an amazing series! Such a rush, such a tremendously touching carousel of emotions.
This story has.. everything: edge gripping action, mind-blowing turnarounds, laughing out-loud humour and a bit of a heartbreak every now and then. What more can one expect from a book, huh?

Saying goodbye to these characters feels so wrong, it actually pains me. I love them all and I know that they’ve been through hell and back multiple times, but I would want to spend more moments with them.

Just a few..
Just one more..
Pretty please?
Ooooh, I know I am being silly, but why put these feeling into my heart if you don’t want them to take root, to expand, to grow wildly and devour me?

*sigh*

I am still recovering here, there was so much happening in this book, I could barely wrap my head around one random, gruesome scene and some more action’s been thrown at me. There was a lot of suspense, the characters got through various dangerous situations and I never really knew if they could make it unscathed, or -well- if they might make it out of it at all. My heart broke so many times, there are still pieces of me scattered all over the floor. The turnarounds made my head spin out of control. Some of them I did see coming, but from there things evolved in ways that surprised me.

Seriously, this story is nothing if not full of twists. Some felt like a horse ride (my heart ran at full gallop – and I don’t even know how to ride, for crying out loud!), some left me in a state of dream (because well, my heart is also mushy like that), and some others felt like twisting the knife deep into my heart. Twist after twist.. after twist. And then more twists.

Looking back to the beginning, I can’t believe what a wonderful journey these wonderful characters have taken and how much it got to change them all. Not only did the characters get stronger, better skilled, but they really connected on an emotional level, they felt like family one to another, and you can only fear for each and all of them, because you want them all safe.

Don’t get me wrong – I am still not into vampires (only this story), this book didn’t change my perception on the genre, but I am so, so, sooo glad that I read this story, because I loved it to pieces, I cherish it and I will probably read it again (the full ‘Blood of Eden‘ series).

And that’s because of the characters: how fleshed-out, 3 dimensional, complex and wonderful they are.
It’s not only Allie, but the sarcastic and funny Jackal, the grave, serious & mysterious Kanin, not to mention the other unmentionable character. There is so much love I hold in my heart for this story, I can only hope that you will all feel the same while reading it.

Happy midnight reading!

*Find the full review at: ReadingAfterMidnight.com
** ARC received from the publisher for review. Thank you!

Pre-reading thoughts:
One more month to wait, just one. :D
And don't you start with the other 10 days. I'll pretend it's one big month and only one.
Damn, I can't wait for that day!

____________________________________________

Blog (EN) | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin' | Blog (RO)
____________________________________________

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forever Song.

September 3, 2013 – Shelved
September 3, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 12, 2013 – Shelved as: soon-to-come
November 12, 2013 – Shelved as: 2014
March 10, 2014 – Started Reading
March 10, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-galley-or-author
March 11, 2014 –
30.0% ""I felt broken, as if my soul had shattered like a mirror, and the pieces were cutting me from within" *sigh* The very moment I was waiting for.."
March 11, 2014 – Finished Reading
March 24, 2014 – Shelved as: dystopia
March 24, 2014 – Shelved as: paranormal

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Howra And OMG cutest ending ever

message 2: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Yes, I loved the story from the beginning to the very end :)