Laura Greenwood's Reviews > Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not by Sarah Daltry

19290780

Review and blog tour coming shortly on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Forget Me Not in exchange for my review as part of this blog tour.

Lily and Derek have been dating for nearly a year, and they both think that their relationship is almost perfect. But then Lily moves to college, and suddenly things don't seem as perfect as they could be. Then Jack comes along, and he is the complete opposite of Derek, he's sexy, broken and mysterious, and despite her best intentions, Lily is instantly attracted to him. Then after one argument too many with Derek, Lily finds herself in Jack's arms and in his bed, spending a week in the most intense pleasure she has ever known. But who is best for her in the end? Her brother's best friend, Derek, or the troubled Jack, and how will she choose between them.

Forget Me Not is not a story intended for younger readers, it contains strong language and scenes of a sexually explicit nature, including descriptions of threesomes and light bondage.

I will admit that Forget Me Not was not quite what I expected, from the blurb I was expecting a sweet, coming of age story, and instead it is much more realistic to what starting college is like. I actually found that Lily was very relateable, having been in a similar situation to her, albeit starting university instead of college, with a boyfriend who consumed all my time, and no friends, meant that her experiences really struck a cord with me.

This meant that despite the sex, her character developed well, she gained more friends, more confidence and more independence, and I suspect that any girl who has been through the beginning of college or uni would be able to sympathise and relate to Lily. There was a quote early on in the book that I read and just thought; 'wow, that sums the experience up perfectly.'
No one tells you when you start school how homesick you will be, or how hard it will be to start life over with no direction and no friends or family. No one says that becoming your own person is terrifying.
To me even the sex was relateable, as in the idea behind it. I'm pretty convinced that most people have that person in their past that opens their eyes to sex, and makes you feel more confident through it, and that is what Jack was to Lily, meaning that yet again the characters seemed really real.

Even though there seemed to be a large focus on the sex, there were also some particularly sweet moments between the characters, and serious moments about young relationships and young love.

All in all, I really enjoyed Forget Me Not, it might even have changed my mind about contemporary romance and encourage me to give more of it a go!

Additional note: Having finished Forget Me Not about an hour ago, and thinking on it, I really wish that I could go home and read it some more. The characters, particularly Lily, engaged me and drew me in so much that all I want to do is read more about their lives and loves. And to me that is part of what makes a good read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget Me Not.

Started Reading