Sally906's Reviews > Starry Night

Starry Night by Debbie Macomber

bookshelves: christmas, netgalley-review, romance

As Australia heads for its long hot summer my thoughts turn to all things cool. Any plot with snow in it is a must – and snow with Christmas thrown in is a bonus!!! STARRY NIGHT has both of these as well as a good old-fashioned romance. When I say it’s an old fashioned type of romance I mean that there is no detailed rumpy-pumpy between the sheets instead the story describes how they fall in love. The descriptions of the scenery are beautiful and reminded me why Alaska and Canada are top of my bucket list. In fact the description of the starry night that Carrie saw while outside Finn’s cabin took my breath away, and is where the book got its title. Like all romances this story runs along the prescribed scenario – man and woman meet, they overcome obstacles, and live happily ever after. That is why I read them, I like that I am going to have a Happy Ever After ending. The obstacle in this book is that Finn has major issues from his past that are effecting his present and Carrie needs to break down those barriers. The main themes of STARRY NIGHT are trust, forgiveness and family and these are woven into the story of Finn and Carrie as they work their way through to their happy ever after.

The last few Macomber book’s I have read, while I have still enjoyed, I felt like I was reading a story – this time I am in the book with the characters – seeing what they are seeing and feeling what they are feeling. Debbie Macomber is back!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starry Night.

September 2, 2013 – Shelved
page 192
October 1, 2013 –
page 256
October 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Sonya (new) - added it

Sonya Heaney I've started in on my Christmas review books. It seems so strange to read about all that snow while sitting outside in the sun!

I've struggled with some Macomber books, but this one looks promising...

Sally906 Sonya Heaney wrote: "I've started in on my Christmas review books. It seems so strange to read about all that snow while sitting outside in the sun!

I've struggled with some Macomber books, but this one looks promising..."

She is back to her traditional best with this one - I usually start my Christmas reads middle of November - but as this is released this week I thought I had better get it out now :)

Cecelia Great review, Sally! Can you think of any other Debbie Macomber books that you enjoyed as much as this one?

Sally906 Cecelia wrote: "Great review, Sally! Can you think of any other Debbie Macomber books that you enjoyed as much as this one?"

The Blossom Stret series and the Angels everywhere series are my favourite Maccomber books :)

Cecelia Sally906 wrote: "Cecelia wrote: "Great review, Sally! Can you think of any other Debbie Macomber books that you enjoyed as much as this one?"

The Blossom Stret series and the Angels everywhere series are my favour..."

Somebody else mentioned the Angel series to me, too. I'll have to check out both series.