Judy's Reviews > Revenge of the Spellmans

Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

Sep 12, 2009

I am totally in love with this series of books. The first one I picked up on a whim at the library, the second one I sought out, and I couldn't wait to read this one. The books are supposed to be mysteries, but any mystery involved is secondary to the mystery of how this family continues to function as a unit. The Spellman's operate a investigation firm, Spellman, Inc., and they enlist every possible family member into the firm. Isabel, who tells the stories, began to work and receive a paycheck from the family business when she was 12 years old. In this third hysterical adventure of the Spellman family, Izzy is 31 years old. She is taking a break from investigations (ever since the adventure in the previous book went bad and she is now under court order to attend therapy sessions), is fired from a job, homeless, and is being blackmailed. Chaos ensues with laugh out loud results. I can't wait for the next volume in this series. Highly recommended, but start with the first book, The Spellman Files, then read Curse of the Spellmans before reading this one. You will be glad that you did.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge of the Spellmans.