BCMUnlimited's Reviews > Cold Light

Cold Light by Traci L. Slatton

20748049
Sep 01, 2013

bookshelves: 2013

hhh, the After Series. Traci Slatton, why must you torture me so? I read Fallen, loved it. I read Cold Light, loved it. Now I must wait for what will seem like an eternity for the last of this amazing trilogy?? Why, Traci, WHY?!

Ok, I am in a bit of an over-dramatic mood at the moment, but I can't seem to help myself. After all, being on the emotional rack of pain from a book does that to me. So why all the fuss?

Anyone who knows me, or has read even a smidgen of my reviews knows that I tend to shy away from the traditional. If it has a typical boy-meets-girl-happily-sappily-ever-after component, I may LIKE it, but I probably won't LOVE it. Enter Traci Slatton.

I am absolutely in love with her work. And impressed, which is difficult to do these days. Cold Light picks up months after the end of Fallen. And here, I tread carefully as I do not want to divulge to plot from either book. Emma's daughter is kidnapped, and Emma is determined to rescue her. The mist-given gifts that everyone seems to have cause more than a few problems for her along the way.

Emma is used to traversing through dangerous territory, but now she must beware another element- the cold. Canada's unrelenting winter, with blizzards and mounds of snow are not as easy to travel as the South of France.

Emma will stop at nothing, but more than just her daughter's life is on the line, add to the mix the lives of others that Emma loves. Emma's heart is in danger, but isn't that always the case when death threatens those most dear...

Cold Light leaves us with another heart-wrenching, cliffhanger ending. I cannot WAIT for the last book. I must know what happens. I NEED to know. Grrrr.

If you haven't started reading Fallen yet, do it NOW. Then read Cold Light. I believe you will be as spellbound as I am by these marvelous reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Light.

Started Reading