Melissa Rochelle's Reviews > The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic

The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker

bookshelves: read-2013, magic, library

This was exactly the magic-filled book I needed after all the serious/real life books I've read lately. Nora's adventure kept me turning the pages. It is every bit a fairy tale and so much fun. There's fairies, evil queens, magicians, wizards, demons, and knights. I really loved it.

Perfect for fans of A Discovery of Witches or Outlander or even the witches subset of the Discworld series.

Spoiler: about 300 or so pages in, I realized that Micher (sp?) must have been with mouse she saved on the first page and he was Farmer Dahmer. Then when he says something along the lines of, it's usually three. Then she says she wishes to see ex-bf. Then I was like, duh. The gate opened because she wished it so! But was there a third wish? Did I miss it? Is that the next book? Is there a next book? Did I completely misread everything I said above? Anyone? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic.

September 1, 2013 – Started Reading
September 1, 2013 – Shelved
September 2, 2013 –
page 217
38.54% "Massive book:Surprisingly fast read."
September 3, 2013 –
page 381
67.67% "This book is brilliant. Something that happened within the first dozen pages just clicked for me. Now I feel like I need to go back and reread the beginning."
September 3, 2013 – Finished Reading