L.K. Jay's Reviews > Moranthology

Moranthology by Caitlin Moran

bookshelves: feminism-fun-women

I'm a fan of Caitlin Moran and after hearing her speak at The Green Man festival in Wales this summer, I determined to read this second book. She was warm and entertaining at the festival and this was reflected in her writing here. I thoroughly enjoyed 'How To Be A Woman' and I wasn't disappointed here.

Once you realise that this is an anthology of her columns in The Times, you understand the format and have your expectations accordingly. As I don't happen to subscribe to The Times online, I appreciated this opportunity to read her columns and catch up with her older ones and the added introductions she had written to each article. There is a mixture of fun and seriousness and TV fandom.

The only thing I would say is in the third quarter, there is a series of articles about being poor. I appreciated them and found them interesting, but I would have had them peppered throughout the book rather in one wedge as I felt they started to lose their impact after the third one.

Overall, a pleasant read and I'm interested to see what is coming from Caitlin Moran next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moranthology.

Started Reading