Meagan 's Reviews > Flirting with Danger

Flirting with Danger by Claire Baxter

22036432
Sep 01, 2013

I always love stories where people who have been "friends" or known each other for a long time don't have romantic feelings for one another, however, after an event of some sort (and in this case a wedding) things change. Jasmine is a firewoman and pretty much wears her hair in a pony tale and doesn't wear make-up or dress up. Something else we learn about Jasmine is that she tries to not over dress or put make-up on because when she does she looks just like her mother, which apparently is a bad thing.

Aaron (our other main character) is also a fireman and apparently quite the ladies man. Like he comes in a lot and brags about his nights with women and so on and so on. He pretty much is straight forward in the fact that he doesn't do relationships. Basically Aaron has commitment issues.

Anyways Jasmine is known as Mac to the guys at the station. I find this whole wedding thing funny because all the guys have the same thought, but it is Aaron who thinks, "She'd transformed herself into a woman. Obviously, he'd always known she was a female, but now, she was a woman. One with more curves than a racetrack." So this tells me a few things about Mac. First off either she wears a ton of baggy clothes or she mostly kind of looks like a train wreck when she goes to the station. For him to say I mean I know she's a female and all but now she looks like a woman (because there's a difference).

Mac and Aaron have a lot of verbal sparring matches at work and that's pretty much the foundation of their friendship. So as the night progresses Mac and Aaron end up dancing together for a song and I this is truly the turning point for these two. Mac begins to speak (in her head) about her feelings for Aaron or at least being attracted to him. After this somewhat awkward moment Aaron ends up offering to take Mac home. As they are talking in the car before she get's out they start up a makeout session.

It's at the point we learn a lot about these two and their background stories. Aaron's isn't all it's cracked up to be and honestly I understand why he doesn't want to commit to anyone. Now Mac's history. OMG I understand why she is the way she is. Stupid Craig. But it's funny because while these two are trying to not fall for each other (because it's kind of prohibited at work for obvious reasons) the wedding has changed their friendship. Aaron comes over to Mac's house pretty much in all his spare moments and helps out and they learn a lot more about each other, what's beyond the surface that they share at work.

They have sooooo many fun and awesome moments together that you can't help root for these two. I think my favorite scene is when Mac has to go down a down pipe to get a guy that is stuck (while some flooding is going on). She does something and says something (I can't tell you because it will give away what makes this scene pure awesome) and knows something will happen and when she talks about colliding with a something I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! This was a great read!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting with Danger.

September 1, 2013 – Started Reading