Karen Peacock's Reviews > Hold on Tight

Hold on Tight by Nicola Haken

bookshelves: favorites

What can I say? I LOVE the story of Dexter and Emily. Hold On Tight is the second amazing story in the Take My Hand series. This story continues right where Take My Hand left off and the main focus is on Dexter in this novel. This book delves into Dexter's childhood and we get a glimpse into what he went through as a child and the torment his Mom endured as well, which explains his reaction to seeing his father after so many years. Emily and Aunt Sarah try to help Dexter cope with his demons. This story also has some very HOT scenes between Dexter and Emily, so it doesn't disappoint in that department either. There are also appearances by Rachel, Jared and Emily's brother Chris. You will fall in love with Chris all over again in this story.

This installment is such an emotional ride as we go through all of Dexter's struggles both as a child, with drugs and in the aftermath of his mother's death. Nicola has a way of sweeping you up into her story and making you a part of the family. She has great character development throughout. I felt like I was dealing with all of Dexter's emotional pain right along with him. This story is filled with so much struggle, pain, and heartache, but love is always present throughout from everyone that knows and loves Dexter. Be prepared to laugh too because there were moments in this book where I put my Kindle down and just laughed out loud.

I can't wait for the next installment of this series! I am totally in love with it and I highly recommend it if you love a good romance with a little bit of angst to keep you guessing. Nicola is one of my favorite authors and she is on the top of my favorite author list. Thanks for sharing your talent with me!

"Love is such a powerful emotion. It’s not all about the hearts and flowers and bluebirds singing. It involves compassion, trust, compromise… and often, pain."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold on Tight.

August 31, 2013 – Shelved