Nic's Reviews > Good Boy

Good Boy by Anne Tenino

liked it
bookshelves: mm, series, college-or-high-school, ng, publisher-or-author-provided, riptide-purchased

I enjoy a book that allows us to revisit a couple we grew to love in earlier books in a series and that's exactly what happens here with a quick look at Brad and Sebastian's (Frat Boy and Toppy) relationship 9 months down the road.

It's an interesting look at the dynamics between Brad, with his submissive nature, and Sebastian who has been largely focused on his thesis until a surge of jealousy hits.

I liked that the relationship had hit a rocky patch and they were forced to confront each other, admitting what they wanted, setting clear expectations and confirming what they meant to each other. "Maybe it was because Brad trusted him so completely or because Sebastian knew he could push things further now, but he thought it was more likely to be those words they'd said to each other. They'd said vows, regardless of whether anyone had heard them or they'd had a ceremony to aggrandize them." Should I admit I actually had to look up 'aggrandize' to find out what it meant? :)

This is only a short book but packs in quite a bit however I still felt slightly let down. Things were resolved between Brad and Sebastian but I still felt something was missing. I'm not even sure what it was but somehow there was a lingering sense of incompleteness. But I guess wanting more is a good thing?!

3/3.5 stars

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Boy.

August 31, 2013 – Shelved