Alex's Reviews > My Name Is Legion

My Name Is Legion by Roger Zelazny

Sep 10, 2009

liked it

It's rather amazing to me that after the delight that Creatures of Light and Darkness was in terms of genuine quality, a book that you finish for the first time with the anticipation of returning to it, knowing that you'll get more and more from it each time you read it, that Zelazny can sort of turn a knob and write a nice straight little story. Or rather three stories, because I'm sure this is some kind of compilation of stories published elsewhere that all starred the same character, a man outside the system that monitors the world, working for a detective agency.

So it's fun, the stories are well crafted, there's a robot on the cover, what more does a girl want?

(The robot is relevant to the contents even! It's from the last story, "Home is the Hangman", which is the best of the lot, has some nice ideas about artificial intelligence and family, and has this slightly ominous but sad vibe that I dug. I also very much like the title, it has this ring to it plus it can be read a couple of ways. On it's own I'd give it 4.5 stars)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Name Is Legion.