Steve Clark's Reviews > Trust

Trust by David Moody

Trust tells the story of Tom Winter, a man living in a village on the South coast of England, who one day witnesses a huge alien spacecraft arriving on Earth. In the weeks and months that follow, the aliens are gradually integrated into Earth life, and Tom's friends and family, along with seemingly most of the world's population seemingly love them. However, Tom is not so sure. What are their motives for coming here and can they really be trusted?

David Moody is one of my favourite writers, as his books are never anything less than fascinating and compelling. I have never been a fan of sci-fi, with its impenetrable jargon and bizarre nomenclature, but Moody has managed to create an "anti sci-fi" novel that is immediately accessible, putting the reader in the shoes of normal people and their lives, and how those lives are affected by something on such a scale as aliens arriving on earth. Never once does the story seem overblown, instead it draws the reader in and you really feel that this could happen to you. The ending, often such a hard thing to write in books like this, is thought provoking and plausible, and leaves an impression on the mind long after the final page.

I only wish it was longer as I rattled through it so quickly. Another excellent novel by David Moody.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust.

Finished Reading