Meagan 's Reviews > Chaos

Chaos by Christine O'Neil

22036432
Aug 29, 2013

So let me start off by saying that I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!!!! I can't wait for the next one to come out!!!

The book starts out with Maggie writing back to someone on her column. Now when she writes this column she signs it "she" so no one, with the exception of her 2 best friends, knows who "she" is. So from the beginning the reader can see that Maggie....isn't normal. She wants to be normal, but unfortunately she recently learned that she is a semi-god, a descendant of the Goddess Aphrodite. When I first learned this I was super stoked for her. I love Greek mythology....pretty much every aspect of it. I love the little twist that Christine put on with Aphrodite, I know I wasn't expecting that and it made it all the more interesting. But the reason that Maggie's wishes for normalcy is that she is having trouble controlling her powers. And it also seems that someone besides her family and best friend know her secret....

Mac Finnegan.
Opinionated, annoying, hot-did I mention annoying?-Mac Finnegan, who had bareley given me the time of day since he'd come to Crestwood High. Mac Finnegan, who thought he was oooo cool with his Irish accent and his mocking smile. Mac Finnegan, who inexplicably made me want to lick him like an ice cream cone and then immediately rinse my mouth out with acid.

Such an amazing introduction into all that is Mac. But anyways Mac seems to make it a point to go out of his way to annoy Maggie to no end. And I mean like EXTREME no end. As the story progresses we learn a little more about the Irish sexiness Mac and why he's really in Crestwood. We also get some amazing scenes between him and Maggie. We learn about Maggie's history as well as Mac's. There are quite a few plot twists and turns and things that I didn't see coming, but then other times my guy feeling was kicking in. Toward the end of the book I was SHOCKED and Rooting for my main man Mac. And I"m not very suspicious of some characters that come into play at the end. Things just don't add up and I'm very curious to see how the story ends up.

And once I finished the book.....it just wasn't enough. I needed more. I needed to know if Maggie would ever get a handle on her powers. What will happen with Mac? Will something ever happen between Mac and Maggie? What does being a decedent of Aphrodite really mean? Can things change? Ahhhh so many questions that need to be answered. All I can see is that this book was AMAZING and I can only image the world that Christine is going to create with this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chaos.

August 29, 2013 – Started Reading